Guidance Aviation History – Success Track
- Guidance Begins as Flight Training Provider to Yavapai College (2009 – to date).
- Two year helicopter program with 13 students at start. 2011 fall semester enrollment will exceed 100 flight students.
- Guidance Helicopters achieved record performance results. A study performed by inavitas Group, LLC, an Arizona business consulting firm, showed approximately 10% of Guidance’s competition failed and went out of business. The consultant stated that Guidance is now in the elite group of two or three helicopter flight schools in the country.
- Guidance Aviation formed (May), expanding into fixed wing (airplane) flight training
- Prescott Wing and Rotor (Maintenance Operations) formed
2011 - March
- Business Development Center Network Success Award “Master Winner” for the State of Arizona.
- Guidance Aviation is also Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau
2011 - August
- Guidance completes one full cycle of the existing helicopter flight training contract by having the first cohort of students graduate at the end of the Summer, 2011 term.
As of August, 2011
- The first-time pass rate for all AVT helicopter courses combined is 93%
2011 - October
- Guidance Helicopter professional pilot program will exceed 100 enrollments for the Fall 2011 term
2011 - Present
- Guidance has been providing quality flight training at the Prescott airport since 1998. Over the succeeding 12 years, Guidance grew from one aircraft and one employee to more than 30 aircraft and simulators and nearly 30 employees.