1. PLACEMENT RATE
Since 1998, Guidance Aviation's placement rate of 90%+ is one of the highest in the industry. Why? Because we use the best equipment, best simulation and best training available while training at high altitude. The experience and training we provide our students makes our graduates highly desirable pilot candidates.
- See Student Testimonial of Micah Settle after training at Guidance
- See Student Testimonial of Kenan Bahadir
- See other Student Testimonials
2. HIGH-ALTITUDE TRAININGAt an altitude of 5,045', Guidance Aviation’s is the first Part 141 High Altitude Helicopter flight training facility in the U.S. By training at high altitude, you'll have the high altitude experience you'll need wherever your career takes you. The moutains and high altitude surrounding Guidance means you'll be flying more in the high altitude environment of the mountains and less at the airport - exactly the kind of experience you'll need for the real world.
- Check out what Harry Green, US Coast Guard Helicopter Pilot says about training at High Altitude
3. NUMEROUS FLIGHT TRANING PROGRAMS TO ENHANCE YOUR CAREER
- Private Pilot
- Commercial Pilot
- Instrument Rating
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument (CFI-I)
- Turbine Transition Training
- Long Line (Vertical Reference)
- Night Vision Goggle Training (NVG)
- Part 135 Tour Operations
4. PURSUE YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE
We provide flight training in both Degree and Non-degree programs. Through our partnership with Yavapai College, students may earn their Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree, Professional Pilot, Helicopters.
- For more information on the Yavapai College Program click here
5. APPROVED FOR ELIGIBLE U.S. MILITARY VETERANS USING POST 9/11 GI BILL BENEFITS
6. GREAT FLYING WEATHER
The comfortable mountain climate of Prescott has 350 days of sunshine and beautiful weather. With plentiful sunshine and four distinct seasons, you will experience a lot of great flying weather while also acquiring experience in all types of weather and temperatures - this is a huge benefit of flying at Guidance. Again, combine that with the high altitude flying, and you'll graduate an experienced, well rounded pilot candidate for future employers.
- Check out what Prescott and Northern Arizona have to offer at:http://www.guidance.aero/region
- Guidance Aviation has been an operating flight school for over 13 years at the Prescott airport.
- Our company and its reputation as a provider of quality flight training has been growing every year.
7. Over 13 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH OUTSTANDING REPUTATION IN THE INDUSTRY AND COMMUNITY
- In 2011, Guidance won the Top Small Business Award for the entire State of Arizona from AZ Small Business Development Center.
- Check out Guidance Aviation Press
- Check out Guidance Aviation Awards
8. OUR EXPERIENCE PERSONNEL
- John Stonecipher, President CEO
- Jason Kidd, Director of Maintenance
- JJ Johnson, Director of Academics
- David Roy, Director of Flight Operations
- Matt Cavenagh, Safety Program Manager
- John O'neil, Chief Pilot
- SEE ALL STAFF MEMBERS: www.guidance.aero/staff
9. FAA APPROVED WRITTEN TEST FACILITY
Computer Assisted Testing Service (CATS) - All categories
10. FAA DESIGNATED PILOT EXAMINER ON STAFF
11. ARIZONA DEPT. OF VETERAN AFFAIRS APPROVED
We are veterans helping veterans to use their educational benefits & Veteran Rehabilitation Training
- Check out our Veterans helping Veterans Article: http://guidanceaviation.blogspot.com/2011/06/veterans-help-other-veterans-use-post.html
12. LOCAL WORKFORCE GRANT MONIES
Guidance Aviation is approved to receive Local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB) money. This is grant money that will help pay for a ground class or to finish up a rating (between $2k to $5k). Arizona Workforce Connection/Local Workforce Investment Board through Dept. of Education, Arizona. To get more information on this program, please contact our Student Services Office. You may also visit arizonaworkforceconnection.com to locate our program and request further information.
13. WE TRAIN IN ROBINSON HELICOPTERS
Why are Robinson helicopters great compared to Schweitzers? Over 85% of all helicopter flight training schools use Robinson helicopters. Although Schweitzer 300s are good helicopters, graduating from a Schweitzer school means you can only apply to work as an instructor at 15% of the flight schools. Also, at high altitude, Schweitzers are limited in speed and other capabilities
14. OUR FLEET OF HELICOPTERS
We currently have a fleet of over 15 Robinson Helicopters. This allows us to provide you with a helicopter even when one is in the hangar having maintenance done. Keeping you flying reduces costs and improves effectiveness. Guidance is the first Robinson Helicopter School in North America to offer initial helicopter flight training at HIGH ALTITUDE.
15. We ARE A ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY APPROVED SERVICE & OVERHAUL CENTER
Performing our own maintenance and overhauls allows us to maintain the strictest quality control over the machines you fly.
- Visit: www.robinsonheli.com
16. FCRT - FLIGHT COST REDUCTION TRAINING MEANS LOWER COST AND FASTER COMPLETION
Flight Cost Reduction Training will save you on the costs and allow you to complete your training much more quickly.
17. GUIDANCE AVIATION PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Helicopter Association International
- Aircraft Owner's & Pilots Association
- Women in Aviation International
- Yavapai County Sheriff's Air Group
- National Association of Flight Instructors
- Prescott Chamber of Commerce
- Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau
18. GUIDANCE AVIATION ALSO PROUDLY SUPPORTS THE FOLLOWING CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS AND OTHERS:
- Yavapai College Foundation - http://www.yc.edu/v4content/yavapai-college-foundation/
- Think Global Flight - www.thinkglobalflight.org
- Patriots to Pilots - www.patriotstopilots.org
- Heritage Park Animal Sanctuary - www.heritageparkzoo.org
- Wounded Warriors - www.woundedwarriors.org
- Michael Martinez Wounded Veteran Assistance
- Kiwanis - http://www.prescottkiwanis.com/
- Rotary Club - www.pvballoonfest.com
- Salvation Army - www.salvationarmy.org
Helicopter Association International, “Distinguished Operator Safety Award” - Continuously from 1999 to Present.
- Check out all of Guidance's awards and accomplishments at: http://www.guidance.aero/awards
20. GUIDANCE AVIATION IS APPROVED TO ISSUE M-1 VISAS
21. PRESCOTT, AZ FACILITIES
Guidance Aviation’s facilities are located on Ernest A. Love Field in Prescott, AZ (map) Ernest A. Love Field is based at 5,045 feet MSL. New facilites, newest aircraft, best equipment. Check out training videos on our at: http://www.guidance.aero/guidance-aviation-tv
22. OFF-DUTY RECREATION AND LIFESTYLE
With five scenic lakes and a network of more than 450 miles of groomed hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding trails winding through the city and into the adjacent mountainous countryside, you'll be able to really enjoy your downtime! And since Flagstaff, Sedona, the Grand Canyon and Phoenix are all within a couple of hours drive your recreational possibilities are unlimited . Check out: http://www.guidance.aero/region
Did you notice we gave you two extra reasons to Choose Guidance?! CONTACT US TODAY.